Dino MiniWorld – Preview

Hello,

You may be wondering when the rest of the Dino paper toys will be posted... Well, originally I was going to make it simple and post a few other pieces, but as I was working on it, new ideas started to form and I decided to take a little more time to work on it and present a more complete model.

It will be a real paper toys that you can put together and actually play with. The younger children will need help to put the parts together (though I will try to keep them simple), but it could be a fun project to work on together: dad, older brothers and sisters, mom, friends.

Here are preview photos of what it looks like so far, and this is only the beginning.



















It will have tiles that you can use for creating floor scenery, and you will be able to rearrange the tiles in different ways every time you play to create your own MiniWorld. It will have people, accessories, rocks, cliffs, and I will teach you how to make foliage out of color paper. And you will be able to rearrange every piece the way you like to create new scenery.

















Here are sketches of other projects in the work: a dinosaur’s look-out, a cave and you’ll be able to play with the people inside the look-out or the cave, different trees, a bridge, and I will update the Dino truck so you can actually open the top and place the people inside.



















I am also working on another series: a Castle MiniWorld scenery. (I already did one, but I am fixing it now to fit this new series (see the photo though it will be a little different).




















And after several parts of the Dino MiniWorld will be posted, you will be able to use the scenery and people to play a 3D game; I plan to post other parts to add to the scenery to turn it into a 3D game board.

So check again for the Dino MiniWorld Paper Toys. In the meantime, here’s a small sample page that you can already print to try out, it is not final, but you can have a little sneak peek, (one tip: you can glue a small coin inside the box forming the character, before gluing the top of the head, to add extra weight)






















So do come back very soon to check on the progress.

10 comments:

  1. AAAAWWWesome Papa! Can't wait to make it as soon as the girls are old enough. Big kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool stuff, Dider! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you are amazing! Thank you for sharing this enormous talent with us. God bless you man!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est incroyable et j'ai du mal à attendre la suite .... J'ai téléchargé la crèche, avec mes enfants nous sommes en train de la finaliser. Mille mercis pour votre générosité, votre partage. Nous reviendrons souvent sur votre site. Joyeux noël !
    Valérie

    ReplyDelete
  5. please for the second half when my son is desperate to continue your project

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excelent work.
    The papercraft I prefer is the waterfall. It is beautiful.
    I am also, patiently waiting to see how the castle mini series come out.
    God be with you and all close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing! AMAZING!!!!! The whimsy and DETAIL is mind-blowing. You are such a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can barely wait for you to finish the castle set! I was looking at it and the Bethlehem set. I was thinking that many of the pieces of the Bethlehem set could be used as a town to go with the castle as an entire play set! I've made your dinoworld playset and included the trees and cave you made for other sets which our son LOVED and finished it nicely so I'm sure combining the other pieces would work also. I'm going to start making the buildings so that when you post the castle, I won't have long to make the entire set. I know what our son is getting for Christmas THIS year! lol You are SO gifted with your creativity and generosity! Thank you so much!!!
    Edwina

    ReplyDelete